Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS 100 Watt Solar Panel Reviews
The off-grid panels have been designed to function independently of the local power grid, so that they solve the power issue in remote areas, where the connection to a local grid is impossible or too expensive to connect to. The Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS 100 Watt Monocrystalline Off-Grid PV solar panels offer this independence with a minimum investment and even less installation hassle. Let’s take a look at these panels and see what they can do for you and what impact has had on people who have already purchased them.
Important features of the Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS 100 Monocrystalline Off-Grid PV solar panel
The Grape Solar GS-S-TS 100 W solar panels are new generation panels designed for commercial/industrial and residential off-grid power systems. They meet international standards and are effective in a variety of situations, even in low light or high temperature climates.Click Here To See Pricing, Ratings and Reviews on Amazon.com
• Solar Cell Efficacy – the Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS 100 Watt Monocrystalline Off-Grid PV Solar Panel have one of the most efficient solar cells, providing a module efficiency of 18% (in some cases, the panels are marketed with an efficiency of approx. 20%). This great percentage is obtained due to the high quality silicone materials used and the multi-layered sheer lamination, which increases the conversion rate and provides output stability on the long run. The solar panels have been tested in standard conditions of 25o C temperature, 1000W/m2 Irradiance, and AM=1.5.
• Durability – the company offers a 10 year guarantee for a 90% of the minimum rated power, similar to other products on the market. However, unlike other solar panels, the Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS do not have a guarantee for 80% of the minimum rated power.
• Ready-to-install panels – the panels are shipped to the client ready-to-install, with 4 holes pre-drilled for installation and two for grounding. The included cable measures 900mm (35.4”) for positive (+) and negative (-). Mounting frames are not included.
• Output tolerance – the output tolerance for the Grape Solar GS-S-TS 100 W is -5 to +10. While positive tolerance is preferred in many cases, the negative tolerance of these panels is rather small and does not affect their performance in a serious manner.
• Resistance – these panels are designed to function properly in harsh conditions, such as temperatures ranging from -40o to +85o C and wind load and snow load up to 30 lbs/ft2. The panel is made in low iron temperate glass for stiffness and improved resistance in time.
• Dimensions – the Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS is reduced in size and measures 1037mm x527mm x35mm (40.8” x20.7” x1.38”). The panel weights 7.4kg (16.3lbs) which makes it easier to maneuver and install.
• Interconnectivity – the open circuit voltage for the panel is 21.6 V and the maximum system voltage is 100V, which means that the user can connect in parallel up to 5 panels for more energy production.
Customers’ opinion on the Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS 100 Monocrystalline Off-Grid PV solar panel
Currently, the product is rated four stars out of five on Amazon, with individual scores ranging from five to three stars. Most clients appreciate the product’s quality, but cannot agree with the price asked for the panel. But let’s take a look at the pros and cons listed by those who have purchased or considered to purchase these solar panels.
• Good performance even in low light – the clients who have made the step and purchased the product are extremely satisfied with the product’s performance in normal, as well as in low light conditions (such as during cloudy days or in early mornings). During cloudy days two panels gave a 4 to 6A output (which made it possible to charge a 90AH battery in about one day), while on sunny days, the same panels gave up to 15A. In normal conditions, the two Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS are reported to charge two 100AH batteries within 3 to 4 hours.
• Reduced size which makes them suitable for vehicles – although recommended mainly for commercial and residential use, the solar panel’s size and weight makes them suitable for vehicles such as cars, travel trailers and boats.
• Good assistance from the Grape Solar team - the producer offers a dedicated phone number for service and support calls, which makes it easier for clients to address questions and concerns. Furthermore, the support team is knowledgeable and always ready to help, which has increased clients’ trust in the company and in its products.Click Here To See Pricing, Ratings and Reviews on Amazon.com
• Price – while the Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS solar panel is a fairly good product, the price seems to discourage many clients willing to give it a try. Moreover, clients have signaled a similar solar panel produced by Grape Solar (the GS-S-100-Fab36), which provides similar performances for a more affordable price.
• Grounding issues – according to one of the clients, the panels have grounding issues which prevent them from being used with all types of controllers. However, another client claims that the worries are not funded, since the Grape Solar support team has explained that no positive grounding is necessary on the frame when using the off-grid panels.
• It requires regular cleaning – as one of the clients noted, in order to receive the maximum amount of energy, the panels need to be washed or at least dusted regularly. But then, this is one of the major drawbacks in all solar panels, so no need to worry too much about this aspect. In most cases a gentle dusting or hose washing will clean the top glass and increase the solar panel’s efficacy.
Solar Panel Reviews Conclusion
The Grape Solar GS-S-100-TS 100 Monocrystalline Off-Grid PV solar panel is lightweight, easy to install and highly efficient in catching and transforming solar rays into electrical power. These features make it a good choice for residential, commercial and mobile locations.